Looks like someone just got pwned. :mrgreen:
Got Blushda?
amoergosum

Re: Methods & Mechanics II DVD

Postby amoergosum » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:59 am

funkydrummer

Postby funkydrummer » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:47 pm

Owned indeed. And yes, the Empyrean drum is a true work of art. One of those just might be a gift to myself in 2012. We shall see!
SteveHynes

Postby SteveHynes » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:26 pm

I just love Todd Sucherman, awesome drummer. Taste with Style, also he got me into Styx big time. Great band who in my humble opinion write amazing tunes. Thanks Todd!
kinkymook

New Todd Sucherman vid via His Facebook

Postby kinkymook » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:58 pm

Ooooh, really good stuff posted on Todd's Facebook page today. Well done, Todd, and thanks for the inspiration!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SpOIjuX ... ata_player
D.
AllenS

Postby AllenS » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:42 am

My brother and I have really been enjoying this DVD. In fact, my brother has been on something of a Styx kick lately, because of Todd!

He hadn't been familiar with Todd until we got this DVD. I think he is his new favorite drummer!

Thanks, Todd! :)
Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:08 pm

New drums:
willyz

Postby willyz » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:18 pm

That kit is gorgeous- sounded fantastic! The 6" makes all the difference in the world- such a spectrum of tone from that drum all the way down to the gong drum.

I really love the hardware color too. Classy.
Got Blushda?
Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:36 pm

Pearl makes some great drums and hardware. I really like the look of those lugs.
kinkymook

Postby kinkymook » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:49 am

Glad to say I got a chance to see and hear Todd Sucherman last night at the Toad Tavern here in Denver. He did a clinic for Rupp's drums and is playing with Styx tonight at Fiddlers Green amphitheater.
He started with the semi-retired classic, Tears of Joy, and then discussed it at length, followed by his interpretation of One Way Out. He then took questions from the audience for awhile and gave long, honest, and oftentimes, very frank answers and opinions on everything from grip, tuning, musicality, odd time wanking, and how to get a stronger backbeat out of a snare drum. He then went on to introduce us to an open solo by saying he was feeling very "Tony" and that his solo would be mostly all about keeping triplets going in some fashion on he kit and feet, and that he was just gonna go for it, make BIG mistakes, putting himself out there, and just seeing what happens. He proceeded to play a jaw dropping solo for the next 15 minutes where he did indeed play triplets all over the kit, on different voices with different accents and feels. It was incredible to say the least.
Todd then took some time for more questions and to impart a little more knowledge on what it takes to be a pro and how bad you have to want it and what that looks like in real life according to his personal history before playing the ending track, One With Everything.
He took the time afterward to sign sticks, autograph pictures, take pictures and talk for a minute with everyone who stood in line. All night he was gracious, very funny, a fabulous communicator, and very, very REAL as well as IN THE MOMENT.
Todd's a professional in everything he does and he showed the packed house why he's up there with the legends and is one of our more modern "Greats".
Click on my FB link for pics.
Can't wait for the show tonight!
D.

Return to “Drumming Chat”