Gadd

cjbdrm

Gadd

Postby cjbdrm » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:04 pm

gretsch-o-rama

Re: Gadd

Postby gretsch-o-rama » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:12 pm

He's so emotionally into it, it's almost scary...but a good kind of scary! love this! The only thought that occurred to me was that I was thinking this may have been around the time he got sober. But Idk as I wasn't around in these days...
"Ding ding da ding." Apollo teaching Rocky how to Jazz.
Henry II

Postby Henry II » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:55 pm

cjbdrm wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IZZOalTRjk&feature=related

Pure drum music! It's odd seeing him without the beard, though.
Ok, ok! My real name is Go F. Yourself Facebook, III
Julián Fernández

Postby Julián Fernández » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:38 pm

This year Steve is doing his first Zildjian Day in Argentina... Can´t wait to see him live! 8-) He´s in my All time favorite TOP 5! jaj a ja 8-)
Gaddabout

Postby Gaddabout » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:01 pm

I'm obviously a humongous Gadd fan, but the older he gets the fewer chances he takes. Sober or not, the stuff he did in the 70s is how I will always remember Gadd. It's hard to listen to The Leprechaun or Three Quartets and compare it to what he became in the 80s and beyond. It still has that unmistakable Gadd feel, but it's not what drew me to him and has kept me enthralled for the last three decades.
“Let's try some of my songs.” Dave Grohl, top sign drummer will be fired.
Yussuf

Postby Yussuf » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:13 am

That clip was a perfect example of making love to the drums. It doesn't get any better than Gadd in my opinion. One of the chosen few who have the ability to get to the heart of music (and beyond drums&drumistics) every time they play.
jem

Postby jem » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:42 pm

Gaddabout, most of the gigs he does nowadays does not call for that many chances, and he's 66 now, he sure has my understanding :-)

A quite recent record (2006) I really like and can recommend is Chick Corea's "Super Trio", Corea with Steve Gadd & Christian McBride.
Been listening to that record since it came out, by some reason it's only released in Japan but I'm sure you can find it.
Very very good, a must for all Gadd and Corea fans.

http://www.chickcorea.com/cart/index.ph ... 0&parent=4

Another one is Steve Gadd and Friends, "LIve at Voce" with Joey DeFrancesco, Ronnie Cuber & Paul Bollenback. Not the same kind of music as Corea but what a groove. Saw them live last year, could listen to Joey DeFrancesco and Gadd alone for a week, magic!
bigbone

Postby bigbone » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:20 pm

jem wrote:Gaddabout, most of the gigs he does nowadays does not call for that many chances, and he's 66 now, he sure has my understanding :-)

Agree, plus he's still got his share of hi profile gig.
larryd

Postby larryd » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:09 pm

I , was there that day and will never forget the line up ..........It was Alex Acuna , Teddy Campbell , Vinnnie Colaiuta and Billy Cobham and of course Steve Gadd . It was an amazing day of drumming and also in the audience was a not yet famous up and coming very young Dave Weckl , who was playing around town alot with French Toast , at the time.
DSOP

Postby DSOP » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:59 pm

larryd wrote:I , was there that day and will never forget the line up ..........It was Alex Acuna , Teddy Campbell , Vinnnie Colaiuta and Billy Cobham and of course Steve Gadd . It was an amazing day of drumming and also in the audience was a not yet famous up and coming very young Dave Weckl , who was playing around town alot with French Toast , at the time.

Do you mean "Tommy" Campbell?

Return to “Drumming Chat”