Pete Ray Biggin....

JohnDrum

Pete Ray Biggin....

Postby JohnDrum » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:38 am

....Gary Husband's successor in Level 42. They were/are one of my all timefavourite bands...with Phil Gould they grooved like mad, then when Gary joined, he added his unique brand of explosive fire to the groove. I had my doubts about anyone filling Gary's shoes, but I just saw this, and I have to say I am impressed...he's got some real energy -looks like a great gig??
http://www.drummerworld.com/Videos/pete ... nlove.html
:D
People whistle the song -they don't whistle your drum part - Ringo Starr
Gaddabout

Re: Pete Ray Biggin....

Postby Gaddabout » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:48 am

Makes sense. He seems to have the same kind of Cobham influence as Gary. Also ... did he replace Gavin in Incognito? Love that band, too!
“Let's try some of my songs.” Dave Grohl, top sign drummer will be fired.
Jean-Paul

Postby Jean-Paul » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:06 am

Gaddabout wrote:Makes sense. He seems to have the same kind of Cobham influence as Gary. Also ... did he replace Gavin in Incognito? Love that band, too!

That was mostly Richard Bailey with Incognito, not always there though ;) I am not familiar with the album Gavin did with them.

With all due respect, Level 42 sound a bit like a coverband of themselves.

Pete Ray Biggin obviously has the chops but something's missing IMO. To me there's lack of feel and depth. The groove is there but it's not hitting me. I must admit that the Incognito clip is much better than the Level 42 clips.
Rudy_Ment

Postby Rudy_Ment » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:57 pm

Check out these 3 videos of Pete Biggins own band, recorded at my favourite local london venue,the Jazz Cafe. Killer, killer groove and chops! :shock: Awesome solo in the first one. 8-)

No drums no life, know drums know life...
Julián Fernández

Postby Julián Fernández » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:44 am

Return to “Drumming Chat”