amoergosum

Re: Female Drummers

Postby amoergosum » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:27 am

Kim Thompson:

Patrick Tiglao

Postby Patrick Tiglao » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:56 am

DSOP wrote:
Rodge wrote:And, I was virtual friend with her on FB until I saw her politics view, oh, my God...

Her political views really freaked me out. I could not believe it!

My goodness ...What are her political views??
There is nothing left to say.
bensdrums

Postby bensdrums » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:33 am

Patrick Tiglao wrote:
DSOP wrote:
Rodge wrote:And, I was virtual friend with her on FB until I saw her politics view, oh, my God...

Her political views really freaked me out. I could not believe it!

My goodness ...What are her political views??

She is a rabid radical conservative. I followed her on FB too until her near manic right wing manifestos and anti-Obama hatespeak started appearing in my news feed. Whether you're an Obama fan or not... the kind of shit coming out of her was pretty ruthless (if not scary) and not something I wanted to be associated with.
Rafael Dolinski

Postby Rafael Dolinski » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:14 pm

littlegrooves

Postby littlegrooves » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:05 am

bensdrums wrote:
She is a rabid radical conservative. I followed her on FB too until her near manic right wing manifestos and anti-Obama hatespeak started appearing in my news feed. Whether you're an Obama fan or not... the kind of shit coming out of her was pretty ruthless (if not scary) and not something I wanted to be associated with.

No wonder she can't groove.
drum6282

Postby drum6282 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:38 am

I've had to hide several musicians on Facebook for their political rants - both conservative and liberal - wish facebook wasn't a platform for political rants - I keep up with musicians and their shows/album releases this way and the political stuff ruins it. No one is changing anyone's views because of some political rant on fb. Some surprised me with how vocal they were on fb.

I tell you though Mike Clark is one funny guy on FB. He says some funny shit and has some great stories too - he tells it how it is and doesn't hold back.

Every time someone says "dude" or "awesome", I now immediately think of them as "square". (I have to make sure I don't say it - especially on FB posts i.e. Last night's gig was awesome or this video with Vinnie is awesome") - would hate to see Mike Clark call me "square" on a comment under my post hahahahahaha.

:D
janne jansson

Postby janne jansson » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:22 am

You are a hard bunch to please..
She has toured and have played with some really great musicians, been in modern drummer and have nothing to be ashamed of in her drumming.
littlegrooves wrote:She is a rabid radical conservative

Well almost 50% of US population is :)
I guess that means there have to be a lot of great musicians that are Conservative and have a right wing political view but still play great stuff...
I don't share their political view but could still enjoy the music..

What did Gadd, Weckl, Erskine or Vinnie Vote?
Who cares?
Steve Holmes
Site Admin

Postby Steve Holmes » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:42 pm

"What did Gadd, Weckl, Erskine or Vinnie Vote?
Who cares?"

Exactly. Let's leave it at that shall we?
Jim Richman

Postby Jim Richman » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:28 pm

Rodge wrote:I've never been touched by Hilary's drumming, like if she would be a man, she would never be invited to any drum events, it's what I think, and she can't touch TLC, Cindy or Sheila, even by dreaming...

And, I was virtual friend with her on FB until I saw her politics view, oh, my God...

Agreed, reminds me of Steve Smith who is great at playing everyone elses styles, except his own.
Keith Mansfield rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
drum6282

Postby drum6282 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:43 pm

Agreed, reminds me of Steve Smith who is great at playing everyone elses styles, except his own.[/quote]

You guys are BRUTAL - DAMN!

Return to “Drumming Chat”