Isaac Lee

Re: Letterman drum solo week II

Postby Isaac Lee » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:50 pm

:|
Manu

Postby Manu » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:38 pm

Rafael Dolinski wrote:

he should have just played the walking on the moon hi hat part, with a bit of delay on the mics :D
S.P

Postby S.P » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:44 pm

Rafael Dolinski wrote::D

That was awesome! I've gotta check out the other ones, I appreciate the chance of getting to know some new drummers which I haven't checked out so much before. Gavin being one of those.
Rodge

Postby Rodge » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:38 am

Well done Stewart, one of the reason why I'm drummer today, I'm sure he plays one of his composition, it sounds very like "The Equalizer" kind of music, he did a great job, nice.

PS : by the way, before Gavin's apparance, I loved when Dave said "we have la creme de la creme as they say in the creme business...", made me laugh !!! :)
Last edited by Rodge on Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...
amoergosum

Postby amoergosum » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:32 am

Manu wrote:It's interesting because Dave was clearly more enthusiastic about Tony's solo than Gavin's

As a side note...
Here's a band Dave is really passionate about >>>

bensdrums

Postby bensdrums » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:13 am

Actually, Stewart was better than I thought he would be. My initial thought when I saw him on the list was that his drumming doesn't translate ideally into 'drum solo' territory; but he did his thing and his own music. Not many drummers have their own compositions to play in a situation like this. I was pleasantly surprised and liked it.
Clint Hopkins

Postby Clint Hopkins » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:59 am

Rodge wrote:Well done Stewart, one of the reason why I'm drummer today, I'm sure he plays one of his composition, it sounds very like "The Equalizer" kind of music, he did a great job, nice.

I feel the same about Stewart. I still love the Police and enjoy a wide variety of projects he's been involved in. I thought the solo started out good but then the double bass...

Remember the version of 'Frankenstein' that Bissonette did with all of the famous drummer signature grooves? I wish Stewart would've traded the double bass stuff for a "medley" of his famous grooves. JMHO.
Last edited by Clint Hopkins on Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cymbalfeltfetishist

Postby Cymbalfeltfetishist » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:41 am

Stewart! He is one of the huge reasons why I play. I realize he will probably get some critisism about his solo but I think most of us know that he is not a "drum soloist" per say, but I don't care. He still has the "ummph" in his playing. I dunno, everytime I see those octabans, I just smile.

I just love Gavins playing...it's so "rich" with nuance. I really liked the floor tom-china figure towards the end of the piece, as well as the whole solo. And I like Tony's playing a lot and have for a while...ya, I am not a fan of his DW's whatsoever, but maybe he has them sound that way because of the way he plays...a lot of notes arguably translate a little better with a dead kind of sound. I don't like that sound, but I am not on a popular national TV show being spotlighted with some of the best drummers in the business either.
old_K_ride

Postby old_K_ride » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:55 am

nice to see / hear that Stewart still plays with everything that made him a legend
langmick

Postby langmick » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:16 am

Liked Stewart. He has balls.

Return to “Drumming Chat”