Gibson raid

DSOP

Re: Gibson raid

Postby DSOP » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:39 am

Josiah wrote:when Federal officials are investigating you, something is going on. they don't just pick random companies out of a hat to go harass.

Have fun in your ostrich hole.
Josiah

Postby Josiah » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:57 am

Ahhh ha ha ha I love when people loose arguments and resort to ad hom, so predictable.

cjbdrm wrote:I see the federal government doing their job and Gibson playing the victim. It's all good marketing- no such thing as bad publicity.

bingo!

i know a wood broker who buys used furniture from various areas of the world to resell to companies to use the wood.
markie04drum

Postby markie04drum » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:34 pm

I didn't think we did the political argument argument thing here. Well, The numbers mentioned here at this non partisan, non biased source, geeez :? (http://patdollard.com/) are hardly 'big' numbers in party contributions. I think if either party were trying to bully a company, there are much, much, much bigger fish to start with. $10,000+another couple of thousand here and there? Hardly a dent in party contributions, and not worth making a stink over. Something seems fishy here but I don't think it is all that.
DSOP

Postby DSOP » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:55 pm

Josiah wrote:Ahhh ha ha ha I love when people loose arguments and resort to ad hom, so predictable.

I was trying to refrain from comparing you to the German populace in the 30s. I'm sure they felt their government wouldn't dare do something nasty without a good reason too. You can't really be that naive can you? I may be a borderline conspiracy theorist, but even so, I sure don't assume that any government really has my best interest at heart.
DSOP

Postby DSOP » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:56 pm

markie04drum wrote:Something seems fishy here but I don't think it is all that.

Exactly. There has to be more to this than meets the eye.
Drumolator

Postby Drumolator » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:45 pm

I serves Gibson right for how they ruined Slingerland.
amoergosum

Postby amoergosum » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:48 pm

DSOP wrote:This is turning into a police state

...it certainly is...one of the latest examples >>>

Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:03 am

I think my government has my best interests at heart, the problem is just that from my point of view, arrogant as it may seem, is that my general awareness is infinetly greater than theirs.

When looking for illegal exotic hardwoods, the instrument making industry wouldn`t my main concern at all.
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:40 am

amoergosum wrote:
DSOP wrote:This is turning into a police state

...it certainly is...one of the latest examples >>>

If I was an American I`d definetly get in involved in this, since this officially makes the US a police state.
DSOP

Postby DSOP » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:58 am

Drumolator wrote:I serves Gibson right for how they ruined Slingerland.

Ha! They didn't exactly "ruin" Slingerland, but you have a point. They definitely dropped the ball, and it's shameful. I actually emailed Gibson a few months ago asking them what was going on and what their plans were with Slingerland, and they replied that "they have no current plans".

Return to “Drumming Chat”