Jim Richman of Amogh Symphony is a member of HOD!

Manu

Jim Richman of Amogh Symphony is a member of HOD!

Postby Manu » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:04 pm

So today I realized Jim, who is an amazing musician, posts here!! and he didn't tell us about it, so I asked him if I could have the honor and he agreed :D

I became aware of Jim by listening to the band he plays in, Amogh Symphony. This band is in my opinion phenomenal. They mix elements of electronic music with funk, blues, jazz and Djent (a new wave of groove based prog metal). Jim makes it all work by pulling off some mind boggling polyrhythmic grooves with some insanely fast double bass chops. Here's one of my favorite tracks from Amogh Symphony:

Researching about Jim on the net I also found out another video of some other more jazzy projects he is in and boy! I think I am gonna have to get into that stuff because I dig it. Here's that video.

So hey I just wanted to let you guys know about it and hopefully you will appreciate his style, I surely do!

Have my regards Jim and keep the awesome work! If you wanna let us know what you're up nowadays that'd be great.

Manu

Ps: I have added Jim's page to my facebook a while ago and here's a pic of his setup :D

I reckon he does some sick stuff with those three hi hats he has there...

ps2: Check that middle instrumental section :shock:

Jim Richman

Re: Jim Richman of Amogh Symphony is a member of HOD!

Postby Jim Richman » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:18 pm

Thanks Manu! I am happy that you enjoy the music I played on! However, I did not play drums on the last Youtube clip---that album is programmed. lol
I am honored that you singled me out. But I know there are several dozens of guys here that are completely amazing, including Steve(of course). Almost everyone who posts here deserves their own thread. The level of drumming in this House is at the top. :)
Keith Mansfield rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Manu

Postby Manu » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:28 pm

Jim Richman wrote:Thanks Manu! I am happy that you enjoy the music I played on! However, I did not play drums on the last Youtube clip---that album is programmed. lol
I am honored that you singled me out. But I know there are several dozens of guys here that are completely amazing, including Steve(of course). Almost everyone who posts here deserves their own thread. The level of drumming in this House is at the top. :)

Hey Im shocked that's programmed, people program some really good drums nowadays huh?(or maybe the fact drums are overcompressed and quantized to a point where they don't differ much from a sampler :? ). I honestly have listened more to the quantum hack code, I stumbled upon that one when I looked for the Karnosiris song and had a listen in low quality youtube format (yeah Im justifying myself LOL).

And yeah there are some top notch players here, you included my friend. This djent scene is really moving forward and Im liking it, I hope you can ride along the tide to success, you deserve it.

As an anecdote, check how I stumbled upon Amogh Symphony. I was browsing through some vids at sickdrummer's youtube channel and they had a bit of you playing as the introduction of some video. I was like, WTF? that's some badass stuff, that's how I eventually tracked who the band was and got into it. Technology, interesting times eh?

All the best my friend.
langmick

Postby langmick » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:24 am

Jim Richman is a badass drummer.

Manu

Postby Manu » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:46 am

Holy shit, that was badass indeed. Love how those grooves doing paradiddles between the ride and hi hat sound within that brutal context. Awesome clip thanks Langmick!
Jim Richman

Postby Jim Richman » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:37 pm

I'm just gonna use this thread to post new music and stuff I am doing.
This is a new track I did with Vishal. I hope you like it. :lol:

http://soundcloud.com/amoghsymphony/earth-recycle-vishal-j-singh
Last edited by Jim Richman on Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Manu

Postby Manu » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:57 pm

Cool stuff bro, thanks for sharing. That's very fusion-y sounding, doesn't remind me much of the previous material though. So are you guys changing course musically? Btw where you record your drum tracks if I may ask?
Jim Richman

Postby Jim Richman » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:09 pm

Manu wrote:Cool stuff bro, thanks for sharing. That's very fusion-y sounding, doesn't remind me much of the previous material though. So are you guys changing course musically? Btw where you record your drum tracks if I may ask?
Thanks Manu. I record my drums at my place. I use a Digimax Light-piped into an ole' Motu 828mk2, with a couple of FMR pre's as well. And I use Logic 8. :)
Julián Fernández

Postby Julián Fernández » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:56 pm

Sounds good, Jim!
Post some pics of your place! 8-)

Return to “Drumming Chat”