New vid: "Just Groove Me" play along

Kurtis

Re: New vid: "Just Groove Me" play along

Postby Kurtis » Wed May 28, 2014 8:34 am

great job on that tune. nice relaxed feel you have there. your vids are always a pleasure to watch. great sound and lots of camera angles.
treeinrock

Postby treeinrock » Wed May 28, 2014 3:56 pm

Very, very nice playing Steve ! I haven't heard you in quite a while. You are definitely coming up with some new solo ideas each time i hear you and your rhythmic vocabulary is really growing.
Steve Holmes
Site Admin

Postby Steve Holmes » Wed May 28, 2014 7:22 pm

Great feel on yours Chris. Nice and relaxed, works well.
Rodge

Postby Rodge » Thu May 29, 2014 3:42 am

chris perra wrote:I did a version of this song to pimp out my endorsements.

So hard...So hard... Steve's right the guitar solo section is hell haha...

There's so many different ways to go, it's hard to believe there's only 2 guys playing so much going on rhythmically.

It would be cool if anybody that has the time,.. and it will take time,,,, haha downloads the tune off of Weckl's site and does a version.

I scoured the net for other peoples interpretation of what to play.. Steve's is the best I think besides Weckl's Vic Firth version. But that one doesn't count because it doesn't have Will Lees insane bass line..

YEAH Chris !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...
kaide

Postby kaide » Thu May 29, 2014 5:38 am

Great playing Chris!
langmick

Postby langmick » Thu May 29, 2014 8:12 am

Nice playing man!
drum6282

Postby drum6282 » Fri May 30, 2014 8:21 am

This is a tough solo section - I keep wanting to feel the upbeat as the downbeat -

Great job on the videos guys
chris perra

Postby chris perra » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:36 pm

The thing I find most amazing about this tune is with all the different versions out there.. There are so many different feel interpretations

Some people are ahead and driving some are right on it some more laid back.. You would think that the original tracks from Oz Noy and Will Lee would make it so you could only play tight with them wherever they felt it. What's so amazing is how consistent their playing is so that within reason,.On,Ahead or Behind can feel good and still work with the same beds.. That's freaky... and awesome...
gretsch-o-rama

Postby gretsch-o-rama » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:56 pm

chris perra wrote:The thing I find most amazing about this tune is with all the different versions out there.. There are so many different feel interpretations

Some people are ahead and driving some are right on it some more laid back.. You would think that the original tracks from Oz Noy and Will Lee would make it so you could only play tight with them wherever they felt it. What's so amazing is how consistent their playing is so that within reason,.On,Ahead or Behind can feel good and still work with the same beds.. That's freaky... and awesome...

That's a sign of good string players, IMO...I've played with some very talented guitar based bands, and it was always that way...I could stop playing all together and the rest of the band would sound exactly the same...and that's no credit to me as a drummer. :lol:
"Ding ding da ding." Apollo teaching Rocky how to Jazz.

Return to “Drumming Chat”