Official Dirty Loops thread!

Henrik

Official Dirty Loops thread!

Postby Henrik » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:19 pm

http://cliffalmond.com/blog/stolen-from/

Someone (Juan?) mentioned Cliff's new blog recently, and I thought it was really cool to find this in there!

Perhaps some of you remember me posting some of Dirty Loops' material before, and I know that the first clip of their drummer Aaron's playing appeared here on HOD back in 2008.

It's been very cool to follow the journey these guys have made since then; from being relatively unknown to getting a lot of hits on Youtube with their Lady Gaga cover and now this; the top fusion guys recognizing that they're awesome!

They're recording their debut album of original material as we speak, which is set to be pretty amazing. Watch this space!

http://www.youtube.com/user/dirtyloops
http://www.youtube.com/user/aronAaron (Aaron's own channel, which actually has a a lot more hits than their official one)
http://sv-se.facebook.com/dirtyloopsofficial
http://www.myspace.com/dirtyloopsswe

Check them out if you haven't already!
Last edited by Henrik on Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
S.P

Re: Cliff Almond plugs Dirty Loops!

Postby S.P » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:56 pm

Awesome! I remember some videos being posted before...hell of a singer!
Phil T.

Postby Phil T. » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:20 pm

Those guys are great! Glad to hear they're having success.
Henrik

Postby Henrik » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:04 pm

Yeah, it's great that they're really on their way now. Jonah (vocals/keys) is also in my band and we share the same studio/rehearsal space, and we've always been telling them throughout the years "if you guys don't make it big, you have got to be the WORST selfpromoters ever", as their insane talent was always apparent. The Internetz came in real handy for them; one Youtube video opened a lot of doors. Well, thank god we've got some competent keyboard subs, cause we'll be needing them!

Love Jonah's vocals on this one:

But, heck, they're all great:

S.P

Postby S.P » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:32 pm

Wow Henrik, that's awesome that your in a band with the keyboard/vocalist. They are seriously great, my favourite one is the version of "Britney Spears - Circus". They've got to get those songs on iTunes/Amazon/Spotify!
Henrik

Postby Henrik » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:46 am

S.P wrote:Wow Henrik, that's awesome that your in a band with the keyboard/vocalist.

Yeah, it's a real blessing, to say the least. Henrik, the bass player, has subbed in our band as well, on both bass and keyboards (!), and Aaron has subbed for me on several occasions, which is a funny feeling, as he's 50 times the drummer I am...

I don't really count on Jonah being able to play with us that much after they release their album, though, but I really hope that he'll still have some time for our fusion side project! :)

They started mixing the first track of the album yesterday, and that will be available everywhere when it's released for sure!
Morgenthaler

Postby Morgenthaler » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:29 am

@Henrik did Henrik (the bass player) sub in Jonathan Lundberg band as well? Some serious swedish talent
floating about these days.
Henrik

Postby Henrik » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:03 am

Morgenthaler wrote:@Henrik did Henrik (the bass player) sub in Jonathan Lundberg band as well? Some serious swedish talent

Yes he did! Did they play Copenhagen?
Morgenthaler

Postby Morgenthaler » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:05 am

Henrik wrote:
Morgenthaler wrote:@Henrik did Henrik (the bass player) sub in Jonathan Lundberg band as well? Some serious swedish talent

Yes he did! Did they play Copenhagen?

Unfortunately not - but I am friends with Jonathan. Met him a few times here in Cph.
He's a fellow Virg-fan. I saw this YouTube vid of JLB and thought I recognized Henrik, but wasn't sure
until now:

:)
Juan Expósito

Postby Juan Expósito » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:53 am

Great ideas, vocals, arrangements...

I´d like that they use less backing tracks in live concerts...

Return to “Drumming Chat”