Methods & Mechanics II DVD

Todd Sucherman

Methods & Mechanics II DVD

Postby Todd Sucherman » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:23 am

Hey guys,

I always feel like a douche announcing stuff, but hey, when you work on something for a year--it's impossible to sit back and do nothing, right?

So for those interested, "Methods and Mechanics II" will be released from Hudson LTD on September 15th. Actually the full title is, "Methods and Mechanics II: Life on the Road, Songs, Solos, Stories & Lessons." I'll be taking pre orders at my new web store and they should ship well before the official release date.

It's another double disc behemoth.....and yes.....more Quick Tips and a ridiculous self indulgent Blooper Reel are included!

The first trailer, which is basically the title sequence is below. There will be a 14 minute performance trailer coming at some point (hopefully) soon.

Thanks for letting me blast this here, and hope those that are interested dig it. I spent a million hours and a thousand days on this (so it seems.....my math is horrible) and it's sort of my love letter to all drummers.

Todd

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOppvGUu9ag

Web store pre orders: http://www.toddsucherman.com/methods-an ... ics-2.html
Jean-Paul

Re: Methods & Mechanics II DVD

Postby Jean-Paul » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:49 am

Highly appreciated! It's probably like bringing your kid to school for the first time. This is your baby and it's hard to let go. You're a badass player and I am looking forward to watching your new DVD. Thanks for the update and being an inspiration to practice my ass off.
robhaerr

Postby robhaerr » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:13 am

We appreciate all your info, Todd....pre-order placed for an autographed version...enjoy a 6-er of your favorite brew on me!

...and love to see more "drum cam" footage from shows!
Last edited by robhaerr on Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Christopher

Postby Christopher » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:26 am

That sure looks like another winner.

Some of the topics shown in the trailer like career conduct, performance nerves and recording session manners are rarely even touched on in interviews, let alone covered in an instructional video.

Very cool.

On my “to buy” list for sure.
bstocky

Postby bstocky » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:48 am

Cool. I like whatever that trailer music is. I'll be buying this for sure.
markie04drum

Postby markie04drum » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:22 am

Looks very cool Todd! Any chance of you doing a combo deal of part one and two?

Keep up the great work man!
whitehousec

Postby whitehousec » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Order is in! Can't wait. Thanks again Todd.

Best,

Chris
Pocketplayer

Postby Pocketplayer » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:24 pm

Production looks amazing...come along way from the standing video cam
or the frustrated director that can't keep the camera on the drummer!

* What part of the production are you involved with Todd?
* If any, are there any influences (other instructional vids) that
you modeled after?
Jeff Porcaro Groove Master
http://jeffporcaro.blogspot.com
Todd Sucherman

Postby Todd Sucherman » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:27 pm

Jean-Paul--

Thanks a lot!

Rob--

Thanks for the order! Beers will be consumed. Cheers indeed.

Christopher--

There are a lot of bits of philosophy peppered through the program that touches on various topics I don't believe I've ever seen presented. Being on the road as much as I am, I've developed some traveling and touring habits that help keep me on time, prepared, and most of all.....sane. Again, these notions are peppered through out to help drummers who are starting to do some touring or help seasoned pros who just haven't "gotten it" yet! Hopefully, it's all good things to be aware of and think about.

bstocky---

The title sequence music I wrote (along with Ricky Phillips and JR Taylor) for the movie Boondock Saints II. We wrote about five pieces of incidental music for that movie and they were ultimately rejected. The title sequence piece (which is a bit longer in the actual title sequence) is an obvious Peter Gabriel turns into U2 cop.....exactly what we were going for! Glad you like it.

Markie---

Both DVDs are available at the store. I can't combo discount them together as they are from two different companies. (I--Altitude Digital/Alfred, II--Hudson LTD/Aqua Pulse.) But they are both there at the same web store. Thanks!

Chris--

Thanks! Hope all's well with you, man.

Pocketplayer--

Thanks a lot. To answer your questions, the first DVD was done by myself and Eric Dorris from Altitude Digital. I hired Eric independently to work on this new one with me. So I wrote the text, some music, got all the material together, wrote more text, hired production, shot it, and Eric and I edited several terabytes of pro rez 4-2-2 film into what will be the DVD. There were no models other than I would think, "what would I like to see?" And we went from there. Ultimately the important thing (on both I & II) was to pass along useful information to drummers, and to at least be entertaining. We wanted everything to be totally different from what everyone else was doing. That was the collective vision that Eric and I had, and I think Eric's work is in a class by itself. I was very fortunate to meet him.

Thanks again, guys. I look forward to your feedback, good or bad, I'm open to it all.

Todd
funkydrummer

Postby funkydrummer » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:09 pm

After all of the knowledge and inspiration that I gained from your first one, I absolutely can not wait for this one. Cheers Todd!

Return to “Drumming Chat”