Female Drummers

Rodge

Re: Female Drummers

Postby Rodge » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:47 pm

[quote="janne jansson"]You are a hard bunch to please..
She has toured and have played with some really great musicians, been in modern drummer and have nothing to be ashamed of in her drumming./quote]

Hey Janne, even if she would hired by Vinnie I would think the same, just for saying that I have my own taste and that being hired by great musicians doesn't give you a pass in my ears, and yeah sure she doesn't have nothing to be ashamed in her drumming, as to me she has nothing in her drumming to be noticed too...

Being in MD means you're great ? I think that it's great to be on it, but you sure can have a great career without being inside, I don't drop any names, I'm sure you have a lot in your head that you can think of.
I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...
DSOP

Postby DSOP » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:26 pm

Jim Richman wrote:reminds me of Steve Smith who is great at playing everyone elses styles, except his own.

That is absurd. Whether you like Steve Smith's drumming or not, he's got his own thing going and has done A LOT of good for drummers.
Miki C.

Postby Miki C. » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:52 pm

whoa thanks for sharing this , she's playing with guts i like it !!

Looks like she is into vinnie from this clip, conservative or liberal she can play the shit out of the drums

[quote="amoergosum"]Hilary Jones:

Miki C.

Postby Miki C. » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:18 pm

very pretty aswell :D :D (from her drummerworld page)
Attachments
hilaryjones450.jpg
hilaryjones450.jpg (34.58 KiB) Viewed 6972 times
Miki C.

Postby Miki C. » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:52 pm

i started browsing some hillary stuff now on youtube came across this which has real cool drumming

Last edited by Miki C. on Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim Richman

Postby Jim Richman » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:53 pm

DSOP wrote:
Jim Richman wrote:reminds me of Steve Smith who is great at playing everyone elses styles, except his own.

That is absurd. Whether you like Steve Smith's drumming or not, he's got his own thing going and has done A LOT of good for drummers.
lol :lol:
Keith Mansfield rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bensdrums

Postby bensdrums » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:54 am

janne jansson wrote:You are a hard bunch to please..
She has toured and have played with some really great musicians, been in modern drummer and have nothing to be ashamed of in her drumming.
littlegrooves wrote:She is a rabid radical conservative

Well almost 50% of US population is :)
I guess that means there have to be a lot of great musicians that are Conservative and have a right wing political view but still play great stuff...
I don't share their political view but could still enjoy the music..

What did Gadd, Weckl, Erskine or Vinnie Vote?
Who cares?

All fair points, which is why you'll notice the absence of absurd commentary in my post such as, "republicans are not good drummers" or "politics makes a difference in one's musical aptitude/ability", etc.

Somebody asked what her political views were, and I shared based on my experience with her on FB.

When it comes to her drumming, it sounds good to me. It's not ground-breaking, sure, but it's pretty good and she's found considerable success. I wouldn't have followed her on FB in the first place if her drumming/music didn't interest me. Unfortunately, what she decides to put on facebook has (or had, in my brief experience) very little to do with her drumming and quite a bit to do with political ranting and extremism. After that, I wasn't interested in maintaining the connection. That's all I meant... I did not intend to slam her drumming.
Matus

Postby Matus » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:13 pm

Not the best drummer out there, but she really puts a smile on my face when she beats the crap out of those Sonors around 3:15 :mrgreen:
facebook.com/carlosexpositooficial
instagram.com/carlosexposito
Rene

Postby Rene » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:49 am

TLC is just awesome. The first time I heard her perform live was on the Stan Getz CD- the final concert recordings. TLC is probably the only female drummer's drummer. At least to me.
A Tony-ish Terry Lyne:

Kim Thompson is to me one of the better new names ...

And to add a new name to this threat: Emmanuelle Caplette. Like her positive attitude, but you see her to much in a play-a-long situation on YouTube or drummeworld.com. Like to see her in a real band!

Nice vamp / solo from the middlle towards the end ...

old_K_ride

Postby old_K_ride » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:18 am

yeah I know she's far removed from the Jazz theme of the thread goin' on but I wonder if Meytal will ever be her own voice and come up with her own parts for other aspiring drummers to cover...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hx_YU9m7nI

Return to “Drumming Chat”