amoergosum

John Frusciante > fantastic interview

Postby amoergosum » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:08 am

Inspiration.

gretsch-o-rama

Re: John Frusciante > fantastic interview

Postby gretsch-o-rama » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:48 pm

Damn! Heroine is a hell of a drug!
"Ding ding da ding." Apollo teaching Rocky how to Jazz.
circh bustom

Postby circh bustom » Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:29 pm

While I can dig some of the stuff he is saying, and I appreciate his earlier work with the Chilis, I can only wonder what he would have done with all that had he not been a dirty junkie for half his life? I cant take him seriously. He's burnt. Funny how he says he prefers recording to performing. ive never thought he was outstanding as a performer. Kinda sloppy. When you can re-record stuff a hundred times due to being in a drug addled fog, I guess actually performing takes a backseat.
I must give props to the idea of meditating on a shape and keeping it in your mind. Oh and the, uh, smell, of chocolate. haha
deseipel

Postby deseipel » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:34 pm

i can't tell if he's passionate or manic. His music is great though
electrizer

Postby electrizer » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:08 am

I got through first 43 seconds of the first clip. Now I hate him for life...
Jim Richman

Postby Jim Richman » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:21 pm

electrizer wrote:I got through first 43 seconds of the first clip. Now I hate him for life...
I don't hate him, but I do hate the last 43 seconds of my life I spent watching this guy mumble about his drug fueled inspirations.
Keith Mansfield rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yussuf

Postby Yussuf » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:25 am

Jim Richman wrote:
electrizer wrote:I got through first 43 seconds of the first clip. Now I hate him for life...
I don't hate him, but I do hate the last 43 seconds of my life I spent watching this guy mumble about his drug fueled inspirations.

He's been sober for many years now. He has his own sound and approach on the guitar. Respect.

Thanks for the link, interesting interview.
Jim Richman

Postby Jim Richman » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:15 pm

Yussuf wrote:
Jim Richman wrote:

He's been sober for many years now. He has his own sound and approach on the guitar. Respect.

Thanks for the link, interesting interview.

I did not say was on drugs, but he has those thousand hits of LSD thoughts.
Keith Mansfield rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
electrizer

Postby electrizer » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:39 pm

This is what annoys me. Ever musician could create groundbreaking music on drugs. Frusciante, Aphex Twin, Led Zeppelins, I wonder if they hadn't sniffed would they have created what they did? Try to make music and stay clean, that's an art. This is not to diminish their achievements but I just have a problem with that. It's like an olympic gold medallist on drug enhancement. This is not winning, it's cheating...
Yussuf

Postby Yussuf » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:30 am

electrizer wrote: Ever musician could create groundbreaking music on drugs. Frusciante, Aphex Twin, Led Zeppelins, I wonder if they hadn't sniffed would they have created what they did?

I'd say that they managed to create groundbreaking music despite the use of drugs.
Maybe it's more common for the so called genius types to have some kind of a mental disorder(deppressive, manic, whatever) that leads to taking drugs to escape the world.

Just guessing.

Return to “Drumming Chat”