Sting/Paul Simon Tour

samnmax203

Sting/Paul Simon Tour

Postby samnmax203 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:40 am

So evidently Sting and Paul Simon are doing a tour together!

My family surprised me by a) letting me know this was going on and b) getting me tickets to this!!

Does anyone know whom might be taking over drumming details for this concert? Whenever Sting is involved a tiny prayer goes out hoping that Vinnie shows up.
Paul Marangoni

Re: Sting/Paul Simon Tour

Postby Paul Marangoni » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:46 am

I'm pretty sure Vinnie's doing it, but not 100%. I'll find out soon though.
piccupstix

Postby piccupstix » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:19 pm

It's definitely Vinnie in the TV promo but I'm sure that's not necessarily a lock.
drumdawg

Postby drumdawg » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:21 pm

:|
piccupstix wrote:It's definitely Vinnie in the TV promo but I'm sure that's not necessarily a lock.

My prediction/sources say "Vinnie", and you can quote me... I might need tix. who's playing with PS?
samnmax203

Postby samnmax203 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:46 pm

My weekend is getting better and better :)

I'll hold out on my girlish squeals until confirmed, but man am I getting pumped! Thanks :)
bigbone

Postby bigbone » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:13 pm

drumdawg wrote::|
piccupstix wrote:I who's playing with PS?

Charlie Drayton.
Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:35 pm

Paul's music is pretty mellow. Stings tunes are full of energy. It's a stadium tour and that makes for bad acoustics. This is a pass. Vinnie or no Vinnie. Wouldn't be able to hear all of his goodness. If sting is gonna play music from his latest album you will need a bed to sleep on. Paul Simons tunes will put you in a coma. Just speculating. Will have to see some clips of the tour. Wife wants to go. I'm not paying 5.7 million dollars for nose bleed seats. I mean lighting for these shows is a few spot lights. It's not a big production.
drumdawg

Postby drumdawg » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:31 pm

Kurtis wrote:Paul's music is pretty mellow. Stings tunes are full of energy. It's a stadium tour and that makes for bad acoustics. This is a pass. Vinnie or no Vinnie. Wouldn't be able to hear all of his goodness. If sting is gonna play music from his latest album you will need a bed to sleep on. Paul Simons tunes will put you in a coma. Just speculating. Will have to see some clips of the tour. Wife wants to go. I'm not paying 5.7 million dollars for nose bleed seats. I mean lighting for these shows is a few spot lights. It's not a big production.

So how do you really feel Kurt? :)
Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:54 pm

Silly me huh Sammy. These guys have been touring a long time. Kinda curious to see what tunes they will be playing and the musicians on tour. It's a stadium tour. Big miss for me. These guys are best seen in medium sized rooms. But hey you put two music icons together. 14,000 seats. Your grand kids will be set. Cash cow tour. Why not. $500 floor seats. The wife wanted to see Pink this year. When I told her the nose bleed seats were $230 a pop it was a no go.
Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:29 pm

Kurtis wrote:Cash cow tour.

+1

Return to “Drumming Chat”