Re: Interesting stuff RE music biz from Scott H

Postby Badgroover » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:27 pm

FYI, the movie "Before the music dies" is available for watching on hulu.com
http://www.hulu.com/before-the-music-dies
Rodge

Postby Rodge » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:28 pm

deseipel wrote:
Gerry wrote:Yussuf, excellent links. Thanks.

DSOP, I don’t even know where to start with some of your pronouncements.

You keep going on about stealing and how that will be addressed, but I question whether you’ve been keeping up with things (despite your obvious impeccable credentials in the industry). Do you realise how much music is available for free legally? You should, because that’s the way things are going. Illegal downloading isn’t going to be an issue in the future because there’s won’t be any need to do it.

Do an artist search on we7.com then click on ‘albums’. Surprising what’s on there. These took me all of 10 seconds to find:

http://www.we7.com/#/album/Chick-Corea- ... ktric-Band

http://www.we7.com/#/user/view-playlist ... Id=1175292

Totally free, totally legal. Why would I want to clutter my hard drive with mp3s when I can access it for free? With the trend for internet access on mobile units, will we even need mp3 players in the future? I doubt it. Just get connected and it’s all there, day in, day out.

with adverts at the beginning of the songs? sorry, "not on my watch". (quote from their site at bottom). This and spotify aren't available in the US , Grooveshark is though. The Grooveshark site isn't something I listen to a lot, but I have to wonder if they're legit. I'm sure they're not. I've watched the site for quite a while and it's almost another facebook story: created by a bunch of college kids. I'm amazed it lasted as long as it has. today's youth has so much instant gratification. The results of that kind of mentality can't be good.

Makes me want to never record anything I write. Makes me think that the fact that I write stuff is worthless: once it's out there, it's no longer mine. It's taken over by the Internet.

"...It's the digital media delivery model of the future
"MediaGraft" technology allows short ads/messages to be played before each streamed or downloaded song. This means users can listen to the music how they want - and artists get paid.
"MediaGraft" is nothing like other emerging ad-supported models that can "slug" downloads to unreasonable times and force-feeds video ads.
Nor is it anything like those horrendous subscription systems that use draconian DRM systems to delete your music library unless you continue to re-subscribe or visit them regularly.
The technology is designed to be artist friendly, brand friendly and fan friendly from the beginning. ..."

Do it for yourself, it will be your forever !!!

I did it for me, my family, my friends and my heroes/masters, and I'm proud about what I've done as solo artist, I knew that it would be not with my music that I could be rich except a miracle, but I'm really proud to have my name as artist as much than side man. ;)
And I gonna continue to record my music even if I loose money in the process, I don't do it for winning some anyway.
I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...
Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:37 pm

i just love rodge. he called it.
DSOP

Postby DSOP » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:44 pm

Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:02 pm

Return to “Drumming Chat”