SIMON PHILLIPS - The thread about Simon

Old Pit Guy

Re: SIMON PHILLIPS - The thread about Simon

Postby Old Pit Guy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:58 am

Can’t help but dig the irony of a guy with a fiancee named Billie Rainbird losing a house to fire.
electrizer

Postby electrizer » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:06 am

I say get someone to start a campaign. Then you're in the clear because you're not doing it yourself and whoever wants, donates.

This sounds cunning, but I get what Jeppe is saying - I mean I don't know much about Simon's work myself, he doesn't comprise my favorite drummers collective, but he's a hardworking artist with a massive achievement list, so whoever deems that worthy of taking into consideration let them decide what to do with their money.
Morgenthaler

Postby Morgenthaler » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:18 am

First update on the gofundme campaign:

"I am overwhelmed by the kindness and concern that everyone has shown us.
I have never accepted help or support before this tragedy and it is a very sobering chapter of my life!

It has come to my attention that there have been a few derogatory comments on my GoFundMe page.
A fabrication that I am worth 10 million dollars!

Well if that were true I wouldn’t need a “GoFundMe” page or any house insurance or equipment insurance.
If I were worth 10 million I would just move into one of my “other” houses which of course I would have if
I were worth 10 million dollars.

Anyone that knows me will know that I have always been honorable. I have not only lost my home, all my
cherished mementos, photos and my possessions, but also my studio and most of its equipment. That means
I have lost my business too.

The stunning realization we are having now is that the only things that we have left are my suitcase that I
had out on the road with me and the things that Billie was able to grab and throw into the Jeep inside of 20
minutes.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but at least get your facts straight before invading my page with
your untruths and unspeakable accusations upsetting my family, friends, fellow artists, and fans who are
more than fans. I will add that they are real genuine people, deep music lovers whom I have had the
privilege to come to know over decades of touring, all of whom who do not deserve this. None of this!
Not now not ever.

I would like to share here a part of Billie’s FB post yesterday as she has spoken for us both.

She wrote “As of today, I believe it’s been confirmed now that 7 of us on our road have lost our homes …
as time passes the reports are coming in. We are all in touch, there for one another, and will help one
another as we are doing here on FB. That’s what friends, neighbors and communities do. Nothing else
matters but hugging, helping and supporting one another.

We are deeply grateful for your reaching out, asking how to help, offering to help and for your incredible
generosity. We plan to help our new community in every way we possibly can. I’m grateful that you and
anyone who knows us knows this about us.

Thank you for your friendship, your trust and for being there with us through the good and now through
the tragedy.

Our Prayers are with our brave firefighters, on the ground and in the air and our first responders.
Please all be safe. Our hearts are with all who’ve lost to this horrific fire, we suffer with you ….
As my great music loving family here on FB have encouraged me to do …. we will look up and get
through this no matter what! I am tremendously grateful to be here and to be here with you. I’m
forever grateful to be here to say thank you. “

At the same time, I’d again like to share our gratitude for all of the wonderful messages and well
wishes from you. I am so grateful for all of your support in this most challenging time.
Help spread the word!"
electrizer

Postby electrizer » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:37 am

It was the same with Dennis when he landed in hospital and had to ask people to cut the gossip crap. But hey...

Old Pit Guy

Postby Old Pit Guy » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:24 am

Perfect timing (calling half the opinionators cunts). I was talking with someone about this hours ago who has zero knowledge or interest in it, and we quickly agreed that it's one of those black & white Internet clusters where either you crap exclamation points all over it or you're a hater.
Julián Fernández

Postby Julián Fernández » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:00 pm

"Jan Rose Kasmir
16 hours ago
I have contacted TMZ and asked them to investigate your finances. If in fact you are not financially as solvent as I was led to believe, then I will make that clear. I have no intention of hurting you if you are not still holding your status as a millionaire. I am just genuinely concerned about the people who are needier than you and who would better use the $58,000 you have had donated to you. That may be the difference for some between homelessness and rescued! Please, if you're just feeling temporarily insecure, think again. I will refrain posting until I hear something."

Posted on the GFM page... haha, I find it hilarious... Not Simon´s tragedy, but the fact people are this opinionated on such matters.
langmick

Postby langmick » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:05 pm

Someone tell "Jan" that he is homeless, as far as I can tell, his house did burn down.

People are nuts.

In order to make money, as Simon does, you need to get in public...but then the public is filled with wackos who want to dig into your finances.

That's a no-win.

They already rescheduled the Protocol show in Detroit.
Steve Holmes
Site Admin

Postby Steve Holmes » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:04 pm

People being people.
Pocketplayer

Postby Pocketplayer » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:48 am

You wanna know a quick insight to your own psyche? It is how you comment...
The shadows we all carry...almost all of these toxic responses are about that
individual person, not Simon! And yet...so few connect those dots!

Steve is correct, people being people...because so few have any awareness of this!

* As of 12/23...Thomas Fire is the largest in CA history! Still only 65% contained...
Jeff Porcaro Groove Master
http://jeffporcaro.blogspot.com
Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:23 pm

Return to “Drumming Chat”