HODers VIDEOS TOPIC - Your own drum videos here

geoffgilldrums

Re: HODers VIDEOS TOPIC - Your own drum videos here

Postby geoffgilldrums » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:56 am

Rudy_Ment wrote:
geoffgilldrums wrote:Hey geoff, your band is awesome and so is your playing, I mean seriously good drumming. I listened to everything on the website. You've got great time, feel and some tasty chops. Really enjoyed listening and the singer has a great voice. Pity I don't live in the states, I'd have booked a lesson or two with you.

Thanks for the offer of the pdf geoff, but I've now fully transcribed the whole drum part note for note as close as I can so I'm going to put that up on the stand, practise and then record it and hope I can get slightly close to nailing the pocket. This is it if you're interested in seeing it, my very messy draft, lol. I'm going to write it out again neatly. https://s8.postimg.cc/bh8jgzrgl/20180822_132256.jpg

Hey Rudy ! aww shucks. thank you man for the nice words. and yes, Ian Bruh on vocals. incredible singer / dude (NYC guy that when to "Fame" / La Guardia HS, etc).
are you in Europe ? i may get over there for a short tour w/ Bumpin' and Akpe Motion (really cool FR band we all are buds with) or ATL this fusion guitarist i just started working with.

yeah, love the transcription (ink ?? hardcore dude) ! i am gonna cop all this great detail. thank you. so, i am half-asleep here in Atlanta, sipping coffee and diligently reading your transcription and singing the tune in my head...i get to the 9/8 hemiola "thanks to geoff gill ! :)" . LOL...i almost choked on my coffee. great, love you man. yes, lets nerd out on some transcribing.
Atlanta drummer. If it grooves, I dig it !
Rudy_Ment

Postby Rudy_Ment » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:51 am

Hah, glad you liked the transcription (hardcore, lol, love it) and the hemiola shout out, geoff! :)
Here's a more tidied up and slightly edited version.
https://s8.postimg.cc/64fk89i6t/20180822_184757.jpg

Yeah I generally handwrite drum parts but once I get up to speed
on musink I'll use that more. I actually live in London not too far from the Jazz Cafe in Camden which would be a great venue for your Bumpin' band. So yeah if you ever happen to be coming to London that would be great as we could hook up. :)
No drums no life, know drums know life...
geoffgilldrums

Postby geoffgilldrums » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:15 am

Rudy_Ment wrote:Here's a more tidied up and slightly edited version.
https://s8.postimg.cc/64fk89i6t/20180822_184757.jpg
Yeah I generally handwrite drum parts but once I get up to speed
on musink I'll use that more. I actually live in London not too far from the Jazz Cafe in Camden which would be a great venue for your Bumpin' band. So yeah if you ever happen to be coming to London that would be great as we could hook up. :)

yeah !! wooo, nice venue there in Camden https://thejazzcafelondon.com/. would love to make this happen. will definitely hit you up when i get over in your neck of the woods. thanks. great idea.
Atlanta drummer. If it grooves, I dig it !
Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:51 am

kinkymook

Postby kinkymook » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:07 pm

GoPro vid from last Wed. Fill in job. Straight groove and taste gig-
D.
Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:37 am

That's really good audio Don. Is that from the GoPro? Maybe I should get one of those things. Fun band, and nice playing.
kinkymook

Postby kinkymook » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:43 pm

Thanks, Paul.
Yeah, my stepson got me a waterproof GoPro a few years ago when we went to Oahu for a visit. It was kickass underwater and does a good job onstage too. I need to use it more often.
D.
Pocketplayer

Postby Pocketplayer » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:08 pm

Paul...hangin' out today in 1959. Really liked your pocket playing those jazz tunes...
Very sensitive to the song and other players...

Kink...man you got nice strokes...really nailed this sub gig! Same as Paul...great
ears over blasted over everyone...dynamic control always speaks to me!
Jeff Porcaro Groove Master
http://jeffporcaro.blogspot.com
kinkymook

Postby kinkymook » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:17 am

Thanks, PocketP.
The gig was at a dinner and music club, so being the first set, it was imperative that we keep it down while still getting the point across. So...dynamics, but not playing “wimpy”. My favorite thing about this vid (besides checking my groove) is my N&C SS snare sound. It’s my favorite drum.
D.
Paul Marangoni

Postby Paul Marangoni » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:27 am

Return to “Drumming Chat”