The "Musicians Talking About Drummers" Thread

willyz

The "Musicians Talking About Drummers" Thread

Postby willyz » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:15 am

Hey gang,

In recent months, as I've mentioned before, I've been fortunate enough to start playing (in my own house for the first time since I graduated high school) and getting into music again. I've been focusing on less drummy stuff (other than getting the training wheels off again) and instead trying to put more effort into the bread and butter stuff.

A lot of that bread and butter (meat & potatoes, whatever foods you want to throw onto the 'important stuff' metaphor) stuff has been listening and researching other musicians discussing drummers. Obviously it's extremely insightful, but it really cuts to the core of what works for other players and what doesn't.

Thus, here is the official "Musicians Talking About Drummers" thread!

I'd like to kick things off with this interview with Devin Townsend (a guy I'm just becoming hip to if you're still into the 'heavier' side of things) where he talks about using three different guys (Improv/'free jazz', prog-metal, and straight up speed metal). I'm sure there's a bunch of these sort of things out there, so let's compile them and learn from the folks that (ideally) pay us!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/?v=eq3WleNSI1w&t=922s
Got Blushda?
Morgenthaler

Re: The "Musicians Talking About Drummers" Thread

Postby Morgenthaler » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:13 pm

Sherinian on Virgil

Paul Marangoni

Re: The "Musicians Talking About Drummers" Thread

Postby Paul Marangoni » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:43 am

Return to “Drumming Chat”