Quarantine Chatty!

Rodge

Re: Quarantine Chatty!

Postby Rodge » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:37 am

Yeah Willy,
It's true that we saw you grew up here in in HoD, what's true for you is the same for all of us who are still hanging here, we're kind of family here.
I like how your thoughts are very positive on your move, best way to go, and I see you being happy there too, cool, take care brother !!!

willyz wrote:Welp.

The ongoing covid situation has forced my wife and I to make a tough decision and we've put our house on the market. We simply cannot sustain our life in NJ because the property taxes are so fucking high. Had I still been working, or covid not happened things could be different but it is what it is.

Hard to sell your first house after two years and some change, but I digress.

Good news is, we're moving to Philadelphia. We've spent a lot of the past several months in quarantine with my wifes folks who bought a house in the Society Hill neighborhood. Needless to say, as much as we don't get out for obvious reasons, we've really come to dig Philly. It looks like we should be able to make a profit on our current home (thankfully people are leaving NYC like mad and the market in our area is really strong), and find something equally as nice as our home in NJ and pay significantly less in terms of taxes and our overhead.

It'll be a great place to once again hit the 'reset' button and dive right into a music scene when things are opened up again.

Funny for my fellow 'old timers' here on HOD- you've indirectly followed my journey since I was literally a teenager so it felt natural to fill you guys in.

Hope you're all well, safe, and healthy! Cheers
I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...
nomsgmusic

Postby nomsgmusic » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:29 am

Good Luck Willy, I pm'd you a while back to get in touch with me here in NNJ, and I never heard back from you. In the pre-covid days I'm sure that I could have helped you out with some gigs and networking in NNJ. With covid everything here is in a holding position everywhere, but especially here. That is really taking many musicians out. It hrts me to see that. But I'm trying to do my part to help guys out.

Anyway, you are doing exactly the opposite of me. I grew up in Philly, and left 25 years ago, and moved to Northern New Jersey. I still go back every once and a while for gigs, but I don't have too much help to offer down there, sorry.

Yeah it can be tough in NJ (taxes, etc) and on the NYC scene, and it takes time to get to the inside of it. But it's tough EVERYWHERE, no matter what you want to do. Hope you can make a good profit on the house, and don't get killed on cap gains tax (of which I know NOTHING, so that might not even be an issue.)

Wish I had had the opportunity to help you out, all the best!
MSG

The ongoing covid situation has forced my wife and I to make a tough decision and we've put our house on the market. We simply cannot sustain our life in NJ because the property taxes are so fucking high. Had I still been working, or covid not happened things could be different but it is what it is.

Good news is, we're moving to Philadelphia. We've spent a lot of the past several months in quarantine with my wifes folks who bought a house in the Society Hill neighborhood. Needless to say, as much as we don't get out for obvious reasons, we've really come to dig Philly. It looks like we should be able to make a profit on our current home (thankfully people are leaving NYC like mad and the market in our area is really strong), and find something equally as nice as our home in NJ and pay significantly less in terms of taxes and our overhead.

It'll be a great place to once again hit the 'reset' button and dive right into a music scene when things are opened up again.

Funny for my fellow 'old timers' here on HOD- you've indirectly followed my journey since I was literally a teenager so it felt natural to fill you guys in.

[url][/url]bluejayrecords.com/drumatic
[url][/url]vicfirth.com/artists/mark_griffith.html
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:26 pm

Depending what you're into Philly seems pretty much right in the middle of any interest one might have. Easy access to cheese steaks, too. :)

Things would be changing all around the world regarless of Covid as everyone wants equal access to resources.

I took to van living for to years inmy last job, which even would be doabnle long term if things could just stay stable for long enough to build up the tools and habits for it to really work.

If nothing else I can go to school and live the Cody Lundin way if I have to.
Morgenthaler

Postby Morgenthaler » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:08 am

Thanks for sharing, willyz. I'm rooting for you guys.
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:32 pm

Seemed like it was a hoax a first, but Chick has left the building.
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:21 am

This weekend's album of choice.

Steve Holmes
Site Admin

Postby Steve Holmes » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:51 pm

The ongoing covid situation has forced my wife and I to make a tough decision and we've put our house on the market.
Good news is, we're moving to Philadelphia.

Willy! Philly is going to be great! I'm excited for your new adventure.
willyz

Postby willyz » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:03 pm

Hey all!!

Thanks for the positive responses from everyone! I’m sorry if I haven’t been posting or taking part more (must admit I’m terrible at catching dm’s and the like here and there!!), but as we all know some things take a back seat as stuff happens... I digress!!

House hunting is going well in Philly and we’re fortunate enough to be (seemingly) doing well off of our current home. Looking forward to building out a drum shed in the next one!!

Cheers!
Got Blushda?
Morgenthaler

Postby Morgenthaler » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:54 am

A heavy fog was a decent team player for the Copenhagen Light Festival last night.
One of the few cultural events we've been able to attend for the past year.

Image Image

ImageImage
beat hit

Postby beat hit » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:05 pm

Morgenthaler wrote:A heavy fog was a decent team player for the Copenhagen Light Festival last night.
One of the few cultural events we've been able to attend for the past year.

Image Image

ImageImage

That's beautiful Jeppe!! Glad they're still doing these events on your end!

Return to “Drumming Chat”