Drum Hangs

Darren Altman

Drum Hangs

Postby Darren Altman » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:55 pm

Before I post this, I owe all of you a massive apology. If this hasn't been posted before then... I'm sorry.

Top UK session drummer Neil Wilkinson (who used to live and work in LA for some time) and Russ Gleason have an incredible site called Drum Hangs, where you can pay to join in Zoom chats with some of the best drummers around. Please do sign up, take a look at who's coming and tell Russ that Darren sent you!

https://www.drumhangs.com

Now... this is where the apology comes in! I used to be an active member of this forum in my playing days, when I was gigging and recording professionally, but I now have a different career and am a VoiceOver artist, but that's a story for another day. As such, I haven't visited HOD for a number of years and I feel guilty for telling you this, but Vinnie was recently chatting for 2 hours with us and we all got to ask him questions. Steve Jordan has been on twice, as well as Ed Green and JR Robinson. Also some jazz greats such as Jeff Hamilton and Gregory Hutchinson.

If this hasn't been posted before, then I can only apologise for not letting you all know. Vinnie will hopefully be back again and said that he has an electronic kit that he can set up and play for us next time! He was incredibly articulate as always and I even got to ask him about Secrets!

They have some more great drummers lined up, so do subscribe to the email list and get involved!
bananajou

Re: Drum Hangs

Postby bananajou » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:25 am

I already booked a seat for Dave Elitch's Alexander Technique masterclass next thursday
Odd-Arne Oseberg

Postby Odd-Arne Oseberg » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:28 am

Very cool.

I'll see if I can join the Jeff Hamilton session.

Will be my first time using Zoom for anything, so hope it works out.

Nice for something like this happening at reasonable hours for us Europeans.

Yes, please get Vinnie back.
Pocketplayer

Postby Pocketplayer » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:55 pm

Good to hear from you Darren! Welcome back bro...
Jeff Porcaro Groove Master
http://jeffporcaro.blogspot.com
Rodge

Postby Rodge » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:54 am

Sometimes I want to join, then I say to myself, why paying for hanging with your friends...

But it sure sounds great !!!
Now I gonna send a text message to Tainish, it's today the birthday of his twin daughters.
I come from Tain, Vinnie, Omar, Jeff, Fish, Stewart, and many more...

Return to “Drumming Chat”