Moving to LA (another one of these posts)

Isaac Lee

Re: Moving to LA (another one of these posts)

Postby Isaac Lee » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:15 pm

LADanny wrote:Hey Isaac,

there are a number of us out here in LA, so be sure to keep us posted, and don't be shy! This drumming community is tight, and we always help each other when we can.

Excited for you!

Danny

Hey Danny! Thanks!! That sounds great man. That is really nice to know and I look forward to getting to know those of you in the area.

I will be arriving on Nov. 1st. I secured a room in a house in Beverly Hills at a good price. Its on baby! :D
robhaerr

Postby robhaerr » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:11 am

Good luck, Isaac.

Sounds like you have some great things started...be sure to keep us posted. You should have a camera crew with you on this adventure.

There are a few that might not mind trading places with you...where in Montana? (I might wait until after winter is over, and I would have to run it by my wife first)
DSOP

Postby DSOP » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:40 am

robhaerr wrote:There are a few that might not mind trading places with you...where in Montana?

Gonna be a dental floss tycoon?
Matus

Postby Matus » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:16 pm

Not from LA or anywhere near so I have no useful advice. But I also had to move out of town pursuing my career, so I just wanted to send you some respect and support :)
Of all advice I got, the thing that stood with me is to be yourself, the worst thing that can happen is that you have to move back and you'd still have another chance to try. You'd regret not making that move, good luck!
facebook.com/carlosexpositooficial
instagram.com/carlosexposito
willyz

Postby willyz » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:38 pm

My advice (after doing it myself...):

Stick to your guns and observe... and save your pennies (you're going to need every last one of them!)!
Got Blushda?
Kurtis

Postby Kurtis » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:45 pm

You don't need to move to LA. It's a zoo. 22 percent unemployment rate. Not good. Water is running out. Bankrupt state. New gov coming into office. Cally is screwed. Better off elsewhere. On a positive note. Great produce, sushi, hot chicks, nice weather, great fusion acts weekly. Beat of luck. Been there done that.
Isaac Lee

Postby Isaac Lee » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:54 pm

Good luck, Isaac.

Sounds like you have some great things started...be sure to keep us posted. You should have a camera crew with you on this adventure.

There are a few that might not mind trading places with you...where in Montana? (I might wait until after winter is over, and I would have to run it by my wife first)

Thank a lot man. I hail from the Flathead Valley right on Flathead Lake. Its some of the most beautiful terrain in America. Going to miss these mountains. Not that I ever go do anything in them because I am always holed up playing drums.

Not from LA or anywhere near so I have no useful advice. But I also had to move out of town pursuing my career, so I just wanted to send you some respect and support :)
Of all advice I got, the thing that stood with me is to be yourself, the worst thing that can happen is that you have to move back and you'd still have another chance to try. You'd regret not making that move, good luck!

Thanks for the encouragement Matus. I'm stoked you got my back and I'm happy that you made some bold decisions in your life too. Hats off to you!

My advice (after doing it myself...):

Stick to your guns and observe... and save your pennies (you're going to need every last one of them!)!

Roger that! I've learned a lot about living frugally and now comes the real test of that for sure. Its going to be intense and I pray that I can find work to bring in my needed income.
robhaerr

Postby robhaerr » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:23 am

Man, Flathead Valley right on Flathead Lake looks like a very nice place, with some resorts...

...looks like a place I want to live. Bet the winters are rough, though.

Here in Southern California, we do have nice mountain areas. One of the few places where you can snow ski, water ski, and surf on the same day.

Don't relegate yourself to "Los Angeles"...there are the "suburbs" that also offer a decent lifestyle.
Isaac Lee

Postby Isaac Lee » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:49 am

Nice vid. I've played some gigs at the Sitting Duck. lol. RIght now I'm living about 1/2 a mile from there right in Wood's Bay. Check out Glacier Park too. Gorgeous with tons of wildlife.

So I just learned that my place is 7.8mi south of the Baked Potato. 20 min drive it says. Sweet! :lol:
Isaac Lee

Postby Isaac Lee » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:27 pm

Well I made it! Just finished packing all my gear into my room. Yay! I already have a potential audition this week. Woot!

Return to “Drumming Chat”