Blushda (and apology)

dwdrummer

Blushda (and apology)

Postby dwdrummer » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:14 am

Hey guys, Mike Johnston here and I figured I would get out in front of the inevitable storm this time around. I just put up a new YouTube video demonstrating a Blushda variation. I know that the H.O.D. cats take those 4 notes very seriously so I just wanted to apologize anyone that might be offended with the way that I share information over the internet, seriously. I fully expect some hate mail but if you feel really strong about how much you dislike what I do please call me and lets talk about it. Anger over drum instruction is a bit foreign to me so it helps if we can talk and I can really hear your side of the story.

Peace,
Mike Johnston
cell (916) 276-2980
Christopher

Re: Blushda Alert

Postby Christopher » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:57 am

dwdrummer wrote:H.O.D. cats take those 4 notes very seriously

Technically, it’s five notes.

Off to a bad start already.

<kidding> :)

How about a link?

You're a brave man, because I can't imagine anything being better than Steve's.
Andrew<3'sVinnie

Postby Andrew<3'sVinnie » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:58 am

http://www.youtube.com/user/drumteacher ... JAJFJEWCkc

as for the variation, i think it's neat. hadn't thought of that one before. thanks for the idea :)

though personally, i like my blushdas with wider flams :).
dwdrummer

Postby dwdrummer » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:24 am

Andrew<3'sVinnie wrote:http://www.youtube.com/user/drumteacher76#p/u/0/FJAJFJEWCkc

as for the variation, i think it's neat. hadn't thought of that one before. thanks for the idea :)

though personally, i like my blushdas with wider flams :).

That's the beauty Andrew, you get to play it however you want and as long as you don't show it on this forum no one will ever judge you for it, lol. Seriously though, now it's your turn to take what I did and make it your own by changing it slightly. Move it around the kit, open up the flams, add a note or two and before you know it we will all be saying "Bro, did you learn the Andrew-Blushdadiddle? It's amazing"

Peace,
Mike Johnston
Joe Nocella

Postby Joe Nocella » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:34 am

WHOOOP!!!! WHOOOP!!!! WHOOOP!!!!

THIS IS THE BLUSHDA POLICE!!!! PLEASE STEP AWAY FROM THE SET AND PUT THE DRUMSTICKS DOWN!!!!
THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING!!!!!
:lol:

police%20lights.jpg
police%20lights.jpg (139.58 KiB) Viewed 7254 times

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This is a joke and only a joke.
Similarities to any persons, places, or things, living or dead, are purely coincidence.
No one was hurt during the making of this post.
Last edited by Joe Nocella on Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
dwdrummer

Postby dwdrummer » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:42 am

LOL, classic.
Julián Fernández

Postby Julián Fernández » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:45 am

Good stuff Mike... Would love to see you around more often.
(btw, your crash above the floor tom sounds great!)
Last edited by Julián Fernández on Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gaddabout

Postby Gaddabout » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:47 am

Now that was funny. And I know funny.

*ht* to Mike Johnston, who is a stand-up guy.

EDIT: I forgot to say I dug the lesson.
“Let's try some of my songs.” Dave Grohl, top sign drummer will be fired.
Jean-Paul

Postby Jean-Paul » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:08 pm

Hi Mike, thanks for the lesson. I dig your lessons and your concept. But in general with a lot of your lessons, IMHO, it would be cool to show more variations than one only in a 10 vid. No offense. But once you have the pattern down, the sky is the limit. I would love hearing your variations too. I am not asking for 5x 10min variation lessons but throw in a couple during one vid to show your ideas you're working on. BUT, still good and cool though. Thanks JP
dwdrummer

Postby dwdrummer » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:07 pm

Jean-Paul wrote:Hi Mike, thanks for the lesson. I dig your lessons and your concept. But in general with a lot of your lessons, IMHO, it would be cool to show more variations than one only in a 10 vid. No offense. But once you have the pattern down, the sky is the limit. I would love hearing your variations too. I am not asking for 5x 10min variation lessons but throw in a couple during one vid to show your ideas you're working on. BUT, still good and cool though. Thanks JP

Hey Jean Paul, great point my friend. That's why I offer the "Live Lesson" service on my site. It's much easier to show variations while doing a 45 live broadcast compared to a 10 min YouTube video. Especially with how much I talk, lol.

Return to “Drumming Chat”